It is the purpose of the volunteer program to help the library staff provide quality services to Library patrons. Volunteers are to complement and assist the staff.
In pursuit of this goal, the library will make every effort to meet the needs of the volunteers as they perform this important community service.
Volunteering can be rewarding
Volunteering just a few hours of your time each week can lead to several positive results:
- You’ll meet new people
- Have new experiences
- Gain valuable information about what your library has to offer
- Gain a sense of satisfaction from helping others.
A few ways you might volunteer
- Assist with children’s activities
- Help keep collections in order
- Shelve books
- Work with special projects or maintain library materials.
What we look for in a volunteer
- Age 14 years and up
- Possess personal qualities of maturity and reliability
- Willing to serve as a member of the library team
- Flexible, willing and committed to perform duties assigned in a responsible manner
- Be willing to adhere to library policies and rules.
How to Volunteer
Volunteering is easy! Call one of our library locations to get started.