It is the purpose of the volunteer program to help the library staff provide quality services to Library patrons. Volunteers complement and assist the staff.
In pursuit of this goal, the library will make every effort to meet the needs of the volunteers as they perform this important community service.
Volunteering can be rewarding
Volunteering just a few hours of your time each week can lead to several positive results:
- You’ll meet new people
- Have new experiences
- Gain valuable information about what your library has to offer
- Gain a sense of satisfaction from helping others.
A few ways you might volunteer
- Assist with children’s activities
- Help keep collections in order
- Shelve books
- Work with special projects or maintain library materials.
What we look for in a volunteer
- Age 14 years and up
- Possess personal qualities of maturity and reliability
- Willing to serve as a member of the library team
- Flexible, willing and committed to perform duties assigned in a responsible manner
- Be willing to adhere to library policies and rules.
How to Volunteer
In order to be considered an official Laredo Public Libraries Volunteer, please submit an application for the 2020-2021 Academic Year. Fill out all highlighted areas completely, initial sections on the 2nd page, and make sure it is signed by a parent. We prefer that you use a student ID rather than a social security number for privacy reasons. If you must include a social security number, please mail or drop off the application at one of these locations:
Joe A. Guerra Public Library, 1120 East Calton Road, Laredo, TX, 78041
McKendrick Ochoa Salinas Branch Library, 1920 Palo Blanco, Laredo, TX, 78046
If you use a student ID, you have the choice of mailing it, dropping off the application, or emailing it back to us at email@example.com.